Friday, June 20, 2008

Gluten free, day one

diary format...

Breakfast is business as usual, as Rice Chex are already gluten free. :D Fortunately for my co-workers, black coffee is also on the good list.

The One-A-Day I was taking had some suspect ingredients, but I had a bottle of less-adulterated multi-vitamins already available. However, the glucosamine-chondroitin is also suspect (and I just bought it, sigh). I'll have to find a new brand for that.

9:30 am: Blue Diamond Natural Almond Nut-Thins (Smokehouse flavor) are full of win. Crunchy and salty and tasty.

11:00 am: Lunch! Two corn tortillas + cheddar = tasty. But gone too fast; should have packed up some salad to go with it. Ah, well, I still have plenty of Almond Nut-Thins... oh, and I was thinking of taking aspartame out of my diet too, but couldn't resist the lure of the Diet Pepsi Max.

11:31 am: ITCHY! Prolly psychosomatic, but still... ITCHY! ALL! OVER!

1:00 pm: went for a nice walk with P, down to the river and back, with only a little bushwhacking along the way (is it really a shortcut when it's darn near vertical?)

2:30 pm: had some of the leftover cheddar for snackies. The Almond Nut-Thins are too good... the box is supposed to have 4 servings, and I think I've already had three of them. Oops. :D

6:30 pm: Mr E defeated the pizza crust in single combat; a bit heavy, but tasty. The Red Bridge beer is, meh, beer. I think I may switch to wine....

No comments: