Thursday, March 27, 2008

Alternative commuting

I realized this morning (as my carpool pulled into the snowy parking lot filled with chaotically parked vehicles) that I stopped driving myself to work over a year and a half ago. And I can't really think of any disadvantages:

* I can tell my management that I can't stay late, my ride is already scheduled
* If I need to come in early, I can carpool with a team-mate who lives in the area -- then I get to go home when he does, instead of doing the "in early, out late" thing
* I can't up and drive to the grocery store when I've got a craving :D
* I get to walk through the park if I take the bus, though I've been doing that a lot less since I started carpooling with the high school students

I'll have to ask Mr. E how much gas money we've saved.

No comments: