Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Review: In Bruges

Not exactly the fish-out-of-water/buddy-hitmen movie the ads led me to expect. Recommended nonetheless, with the caveat that the prosthetics effects house did a very good job (spelled "ewwww" by Mr E. I wasn't looking). Thinking back, there was some tasty foreshadowing.

Gave myself +2 nerd points for figuring out that Carter Burwell did the soundtrack by a third of the way in.

Since AMC is showing this one as part of their indie-film series, the previews were not what I expected. Ordinarily in front of an action film you get guy movie preview, chick movie preview, date movie preview, horror movie preview. This time we got quirky indie preview, quirky indie preview, quirky indie preview, and Will Smith as homeless and feckless superhero preview. Almost threw me off my stride, it did.

No comments: