Friday, November 30, 2007

Has it really been two weeks?

(I can't even justify it by saying "Time flies when you're having fun." )

Surgeon put me on half time 'til halfway thru December, which has made life much more interesting. Also tried a new NSAID, which got fired after 4 days for inducing migraines, making it the evil opposite of a pain reliever.

Weight loss has slowed down; jumped off the diet for Thanksgiving, partially because there was a lot of real good food around, and partially because I kept getting faint, and I wanted to be sure I wasn't overdieting. :D I've come up about two pounds from my low weight, hit on the Friday after TG, and I'm not worrying about it. Having a hard time working exercise into my schedule, though...

Actually watched and enjoyed an Xmas special. Hope that's not an indicator of mental instability. :D

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I suppose that would depend on which Xmas special.

Ab_Normal said...

Two, actually: "Shrek the Halls" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". :D

kimalanus said...

If it wasn't the original animated Grinch, it wasn't the Grinch....

Kim

Unknown said...

Haven't seen Shrek the Halls, but I always enjoy How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Of course, it could be because I really like the "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch" song. Make of that what you will. :)

Ab_Normal said...

"You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch..."

After I'd read the original book to Kid A over... and over... and over again, I found the additions in the animated special somewhat irritating, so I watched it with a little trepidation. This time around, though, I noticed Ted Geisel's prominent credit, and decided that since he probably wrote and approved the additions, they were ok by me.

Unknown said...

So has anyone asked you to stay and not keyboard for the other 4 hours a day this time?